Monday, May 31, 2010

making contact

Someone asked on twitter why I don’t reply to the comments here on my blog. It’s not because I don’t want to, it’s because it’s impossible, Blogspot doesn’t have a reply or threaded comments system. I could leave a comment with an @symbol so people would know who I was talking to, but no one comes back and rereads blog post comments the day after, looking for replies. So, I didn’t see the point.

If there is something that needs addressing, I will blog about it the next day, or email that person privately (if they include their email in the hidden part of the comment box that asks for it).

But believe me, I do read (and sometimes reread) every comment on this blog, they are emailed directly to my inbox.

For example, so many new names have popped up in the comments over the last two days from Lena’s musical project, thanking me for my donation. First, you guys are welcome, seriously, it was my pleasure. Second, thank YOU for all the heart felt thanks and brief introductions as to the parts you play in this huge project Lena and Mallory are putting on. It sounds like such a wonderful thing and I wish you all the luck in the world. I’m excited to hear the end result.

I do appreciate your guys’ comments here. But if you want to discuss something as a dialogue, it’s probably better to reach me on skype, if we’re friends there, or on twitter (@AlanDistro). I leave my browser open to my @replies page most of the day while working. Or you can always email me (alandistro at gmail dot com) and, if I can, I will get back to you. I’m usually pretty good about it.

Okay, it’s been a long day, so I’m off. Talk to you guys soon!

2 comments:

  1. it's really nice that you are open to conversation because you have such infinite knowledge in your head. you should just transform into a reference book, you'll sell millions of you.

    ReplyDelete